Friday 16 November 2007

cousin's visit


Kim, on a visit to her brother in Germany, decided to pop into London for a short time. She arrived on the Friday, and basically only stayed for the weekend, leaving again on the Tuesday. It was great to see her again and her visit gave us an excuse to undergo the trek and madness of a day in Camden Town.
This was my first Camden experience and I must be honest, I quite enjoyed it. We didn't buy to much but it was the experience that was cool. We didn't see loads of punks, but some of the stores where these freaks obviously do their shopping, where very interesting, especially the shoes!

After Camden we took Kim to a Virgin Megastore to purchase some DVD's for herself and to shorten her Christmas gifts-to-buy list. When we arrived in Picadilly Square I thought the shop would obviously be closed, seeing as it is pitch dark already. I stopped off and attempted to take some photos of the Piccadilly sign boards, but they didn't come out as well as I'd hoped.

This photo, to my absolute shock was taken at 17:03...and it was as black as night! Not cool! After the girls did some shopping we wondered the streets, OK we got lost, towards the correct bus stop. To out disgust we found this coat hanging in a shop window. Now, this photo didn't come out that clear because I was trying to zoom through the shop window and couldn't use the flash, but it's obvious what it is! If you were wondering who killed Winnie the Pooh, we have an idea, and they made a nice fur coat out of him!

No comments: